Fire crews from Ivybridge, Plymstock and the water carrier from Plympton fought a fire involving a motor home, car, and temporary structure at Yealmpton on Wednesday (December 8).

They were called in just after a quarter to nine.

Crews used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, a main jet, a compressed air foam jet, and one thermal imaging camera. Crews removed six gas cylinders and cooled them to make them safe.

Several gas cylinders were removed from the fire after being cooled and monitored for a prolonged time. The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental and started by a battery charger.

The crews were stood down just after half past eleven.